Top 10

Monday, February 21, 2011

Just Outstanding!

Kern River Brewing Company has been a brewing company since 2006. However, Kyle smith head brewmaster, at KRBC has been brewing beer since 1996. I first met Kyle in 2005, I fought fire with Kyle for the U.S. Forest Service. I recall his closet full of fermenting beer in the barracks at the fire station. Although I worked at the fire station down the road from Kyle, I always found a reason to go visit him (off duty of course) and con him into letting me sample some of his new brews. Kyle is the one who inspired me to try home brewing (I don't think I have ever told him that). One of my favorite everyday beers, is Kyle's Just Outstanding IPA. As you know, I am a huge hophead, but Just Outstanding is not overly hoppy. Kyle has created the perfect balance of malt to hops that translates into a very drinkable and enjoyable beer. This beer is MY everyday IPA and I have never been let down by it. If you are ever in the Lake Isabella area, head over to the north side of the lake to a little town called Kernville. Stop by and have a pint, you may even get to pry a little brew knowledge out of Kyle.

No comments:

Post a Comment