Top 10

Sunday, February 27, 2011

The Elusive Sculpin

No, I am not talking about a fish! Although the fish it self is quite elusive! I am talking about Ballast Point Brewery's Sculpin IPA. Sculpin IPA is an amazing beer, the balance of hop to malt is perfect. Tastes of Lemon and Apricot hit your pallet at first, then a taste of peach jam. It finishes with a crisp bitterness of hops. It has a medium body to it with a chewy mouth feel. The citrus definitely is picked up on the nose.
I think the reason I covet this beer so much is because it is so hard to get. Short of driving down to the brewery, I have to have 24 hour surveillance on my favorite beer shops to get it! Here is the kicker, the closest beer shop that has it in stock, is 25 miles away! Ballast Point does not distribute north of Los Angeles. If you can spot the elusive Sculpin, catch it right away! It is an excellent beer that will stay on your list of favorites!

No comments:

Post a Comment